Message 00592: Re: nytimes

the most effective way to make the nytimes thing is to be actively and honestly working with me on the plan b.

my original story was that if the nytimes didn't publish a piece, I'd carry out my threat in the third and final notices to start contacting the name parties. Well, January expired and the story didn't run, so I did exactly what I said I would do. This story would have been dead (despite the stellar job Schwartz did to conduct all the interviews, not to mention the secretarial work I did to set him up on all those interviews ... names, dates, contact info). But, the fourth and really, really final notices have helped a lot ... we're still live.

If we are truly about to be a big story because we did all that, it is really important that we actually be moving on towards the next step. Otherwise we are just a press release.

How much was your bill? Would you join in a letter to the chief justice asking that he pay us back? If so, I'd be happy to send you a draft letter tomorrow. Maybe we'll get lucky and not have to use it.

Carl