Message 00590: Re: nytimes

On Feb 10, 2009, at 4:39 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

and if the schwartz gives up on getting the nyt piece out, i'm happy
to talk about alternate ways of going public

heh.  that train has left the station ...

This is already semi-public, just not publicized. that is the uscourts.gov page. We've had a major WIRED piece, Ambrogi is tracking it, we're getting daily uploads to our scribd area.

That process will continue ... I have a letter from ILCD ready to publish, likewise a letter to the Veteran's court of appeals. John knows about all this.

I'm looking at a variety of plan b's just in case nytimes doesn't happen. That's what I wrote to you about ... I will continue to publish any letters from the courts as they occur, will probably fire off a couple more letters, and just wanted to know how public you wanted to be. For example, one plan B I'm considering is to send my bill for $992.50 from our criminal lawyer to the chief justice and ask him to pay it since the AO of the Courts totally overreacted.

It is not a big problem if you don't want you name used ... I had reached the point where I thought that would be useful and definitely wanted to ask you before doing so. I hear you and Schultze and it is ok not to use your names.