Message 00590: Re: nytimes

On Feb 10, 2009, at 4:39 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

and if the schwartz gives up on getting the nyt piece out, i'm happy
to talk about alternate ways of going public

heh.  that train has left the station ...

?

This is already semi-public, just not publicized. that is the uscourts.gov page. We've had a major WIRED piece, Ambrogi is tracking it, we're getting daily uploads to our scribd area.

That process will continue ... I have a letter from ILCD ready to publish, likewise a letter to the Veteran's court of appeals. John knows about all this.

I'm looking at a variety of plan b's just in case nytimes doesn't happen. That's what I wrote to you about ... I will continue to publish any letters from the courts as they occur, will probably fire off a couple more letters, and just wanted to know how public you wanted to be. For example, one plan B I'm considering is to send my bill for $992.50 from our criminal lawyer to the chief justice and ask him to pay it since the AO of the Courts totally overreacted.

It is not a big problem if you don't want you name used ... I had reached the point where I thought that would be useful and definitely wanted to ask you before doing so. I hear you and Schultze and it is ok not to use your names.

Carl