Message 00377: Re: memo

On Oct 23, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

wow, that report looks great. if I had to make one comment, it'd be
that i think # of cases (ls almd | wc -l) might be more useful than #
of HTML files in table 1, but it's not a big deal.

I thought about that ... I have it in my private summary table, but I needed to explain away the oregon thing ... why we had so much data and no privacy problems in Oregon. Plus, I wanted the html files to be part of the total number of pages thing at the bottom ...

Schultz, by the way, seems to alternate between wanting to take credit for this and being scared to stick his neck out. He had the gall to say that "we did you a big favor" by getting me this data ... my understanding was he didn't do shit. :) Anyway, he's dangerous and seems to want to dine out on this story (he approached the deputy u.s. attorney who specializes in pacer and started talking to him as if he knew inside information ... luckily this guy knows me but Schultz know that). Anyway ... just a heads up to watch
your back.

yikes! thanks for the warning. i talked to him yesterday and he said
after talking to you his plan was to keep quiet and only talk about it
to counsel, but he never mentioned that... thanks

good .... I hope he is quiet. He has inside knowledge but didn't risk his neck, so he definitely needs to shut up. :) he might just have been trying to be my friend or impress me, but didn't achieve either of those aims.

Carl