Message 00762: Re: fed docs

On Nov 18, 2009, at 6:40 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

if I send them to you, will you digitize? financial services already seems to be on the web. who isn't but should be?

they're on the web, but it is shitty video. I'd love to get real DVDs (or even betacam tapes) so we could get these up in high-quality. the fact that they're already on the web should make it easy for you to get DVDs ordered, that will let me keep pressing in on the bulk data, broadcast-quality meme.

Just a thought. I've got a meeting Dec. 8 with c-span, sunlight (representing aphid) trying to see if we can get high-quality dumps from their video library as well, so this would mesh well.