Message 00552: Re: nytimes photo?

On Feb 3, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

you said b.r.o was on manual lists at google so it got crawled throughly. google has been inconsistent about crawling openlibrary (and watchdog)

oh ... i don't know how to get on the lists! :) seriously ... their process is totally opaque. I'm assuming jlneedham or somebody mentioned my name and I ended up on there, or perhaps somebody saw the appellate court release. I just know I get crawled on a very regular basis and stuff shows up quickly. assuming that required some manual configuration since much of their stuff appears to work that way (e.g., good algorithms, lots of nudging).