Message 00516: Re: nyt

btw, I don't want you getting your hopes up too much on this article ... getting the story to the reporter is one piece, what the reporter actually does can be totally different. And, the editors can be totally brutal, taking 2000 words down to 750, reducing whole stories to one-liners.

I'm pretty you have a star role in this, and I'm pretty sure the article is going to be big and play well, but even if you get one line in a 500-word back-of-the-book piece, please don't be disappointed. NY Times pieces have a very long shelf-life and they are incredibly useful in establishing credibility ... that is worth way more than initial bounce or the size of the piece.

I have no idea how much press you've received, so this might be gratuitous advice, but I know we've both invested a lot in this story, so I just wanted to give you my advice from having gone through this ringer many times ... you can't control the press and you can't second guess the reporters. You don't seem like somebody who gets all bent out of shape about this stuff, but just in case, my $0.02.