Message 00028: Re: http://bulk.resource.org/copyright/ and definitive info on this LOC release

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 13:01 -0700, Carl Malamud wrote:
> Jon -
>
> I think you're misinformed.

> Have you talked to Joichi or Brewster about this?  They're both
> in the loop.  Rick Prelinger and Larry Lessig are also both
> up on the issues.

No Carl, I've talked with them all. I just wanted to get that
confirmation of this for Access Copyright in Canada, who is releasing
information as well...they have lawyers that try to cross every t, and
dot every i.

> Library of Congress did not "release" this data: it is public data
> which our nonprofit organization has posted.  Look at the readme,
> and you'll that I quote a voicemail message from Ms. Peters.  But,
> you're not going to get a letter out of the Library, and I doubt
> that you actually need such a letter.

Sounds good...

> I'm fairly familiar with openlibrary ... you're certainly welcome
> to use the data there.
>
> Carl

Great, then look forward to working more with you on all this! I just
wanted to go direct to the source about this :) Cheers, and keep us
posted if more data is freed.

What are the chances of getting a regular data dump from them? And/or,
how did they provide this information?

Cheers

Jon