Message 00013: Re: web.resource.org

On Monday, July 8, 2002, at 08:33  AM, Carl Malamud wrote:
You going to spread the dot?
Yep, I added it to my weblog a couple days ago. http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/

BTW, we tried to convince Larry Lessig that .org is an crucial test of whether there will be public infrastructure in the core Internet but he felt it was off-mission for both Creative Commons and EFF. I disagree with him ... I think it's directly on mission when it comes to many of his interests, but it's hard to get people to see how bit pushing infrastructure has an effect on more general principles like the state of the commons. Oh well. :)

Yeah, it's an interesting argument you've been pushing that way... I'm not sure I buy it, though. Why can't the infrastructure be developed the next time the opportunity comes up instead of this time?

--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com] 4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B