Message 00788: Re: From Google: Free Bulk Data from US Patent and Trademark Office

On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

>>> Man, they sure don't make it easy to mirror.
>> yep. agreed. on the other hand, all the stuff in a single directory for each
>> category, not hard to get an initial grab.
> yeah, but no directory listings on the actual directories! sigh.

Heh, you think that's the sigh. You should have seen what it took to get USPTO
to agree to even this step. :)) Kappos tried to throw me out of his office,
Google insisted on doing a submarine on this and not talking to any "outsiders"
like me ... I've known this is happening for 6 months but didn't actually see
the directory until yesterday. That's why I haven't stood up and vouched for
this yet until I see what's up and hear from folks like freepatentsonline.