Message 00765: Re: congressional tape request

On Nov 19, 2009, at 9:59 AM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

What we do is run a box with a TV tuner card in the office on the
cable line and have it upload to YouTube. Might be possible to do
something like that, although presumably you'd need a bunch of them to
record all the channels.

you shouldn't do that. it's a permissions problem, not a technical one. You'd be breaking rules. (Technically, that is the answer ... put 16 qvidium encoders in a minirack and connect each one to an internal cable channel. if you do that, use the command-line and api stuff I've been doing on both youtube and archive, it is a very straightforward solution. Did you see the 200 videos I was able to slam into YouTube in just a couple of days that way? They look really nice.)