Message 00604: Re: update

On Feb 11, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

front page, i.e. A1?

yes, a1. one editor (e.g., John's, who is presumably pretty high up the food chain) walked into the daily meeting proposing that this would indeed be on page a1. it was his lead piece.

they did not win that meeting, but in theory that is being proposed again at tomorrow's meeting. John said we're definitely in the scrum. At some point, the meeting won't want to hear anymore, so they'll slap it inside someplace (e.g., the national page). But, for now, we're an a1 candidate. don't forget ... they could just as easily chop this in half, so no chicken counting yet. But, nice to be in the race.

again, not to forward ... schwartz could get into big trouble for divulging as much. he just knows I'm *really* on edge, so he is keeping me informed. :)

Carl