Message 00602: update

please do not forward ...

we almost made front page tomorrow but competition was fierce and we were cut. we're in the scrum for the next day still. at some point, they'll just run us inside, but the fact that we were on the possible front-page list for tomorrow was a good sign. Means the editor our reporter works for likes the piece.

i have a draft 2-page letter to the ao. no immediate plans to publish it, but I showed my draft to Schwartz and to my board. Will revise it daily until I decide to publish. It doesn't mention you.

Carl