Message 00511: Re: what's up?

On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

yes, apparently. not money issues, just personnel reshuffling

who besides becky is talking to you about it? did my post get picked up somewhere?

nope.  just becky ... she showed me the post.

it would make this kind of a transition easier if you also let your people know, one-on-one, where they are ... "e.g., I have x months of money for you, this will not affect your work on the project, etc..."

communication is, by far, the hardest part of leadership. Group stuff is important and must be done, but I find the one-on-one to be far more important since at the day, life is all about people, not institutions. :)

Carl