Message 00490: Re: NN?

On Jan 7, 2009, at 7:19 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

yeah, who else would be a good name for cto?

I still think Vint would be wonderful.

Felten could pull it off.

There are a variety of corporate types that could pull this off (think various google sr. vp types ... not known for policy but could grow into it).

I suppose a died-and-gone-to-heaven type could be good (Bill Joy, for example). Maybe Danny Hillis?

The trick is finding somebody with real tech creds but also somebody who could wave banners on net neutrality, etc. Which is why I think Vint (if he had really strong staff) could do this.

I could do it, of course, but I'm on nobody's short list.  :))

Carl