Message 00456: Re: intro

On Dec 23, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

wow, thanks!

i've definitely heard his name around

he's the real deal. saved my bacon twice. :) he also does the x- prize. If you have an la trip in your future, you should go see him as well.

for your meeting with julius, did he perhaps mention GPO?

Despite the fact that at least a dozen people have called Julius on my behalf (e.g., Lessig, Schmidt, ...), he and I have never talked. The whole transition has been quite disciplined (to say the least!). When you said he was thinking CIO of OMB (which is *definitely* a job for Vivek) that is great, but I'm still hoping my left-field strategy of having them do GPO now instead of whenever is at least being considered. Even Lessig isn't getting feedback on my candidacy, which I think is good news, but who knows.

Carl