Message 00346: Re: irs

On Oct 6, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

heh, poor guy. (dunno why he couldn't just send you a drive, tho)

welcome to government work. for the SEC data in 1993, our big challenge was finding an ibm 3480 tape drive with a scsi interface and then writing a solaris driver for it. for the irs, why they don't slap the stuff on an ftp server and be done with it is beyond me, but that's what we're hoping to get them to do.