Message 00076: Re: free irs data?

> pacer.resource.org

Nice! Hadn't seen that -- why isn't it linked from public.resource.org?

> btw, you know what's really needed in the irs world ... a better repository
> of 990's for 501(c)(3) nonprofits.  guidestar totally sucks these days.  not
> sure how one would go about building that up, but I was thinking of
> modifying pacer.resource.org to accept those just to put a foot in the
> water.

There's http://www.irs.gov/pub/epostcard/data-download.zip but that
seems to just be high-level data.  (Might be worth doing a mirror of
http://www.irs.gov/pub/) There's also http://www.ntis.gov/irscd/ (Best
seller!) But the real data is here:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=150268,00.html

Doesn't look like it'll be too hard to parse but I can put a
programmer on it if it'll help.