Message 00000: Use of web.resource.org

First let me say I'm a big fan[1]. I love all the stuff you, webchick and MTR have done.

That said, I was curious if you could help out with a problem I'm having. As a Semantic Web hacker, I build namespaces and schemas for machine-readable information. These schemas have a set of requirements for hosting that is very difficult to meet: Persistent, Distributed, Neutral and Editable.

I was wondering if I could take advantage of your skills and tools to create a solution to this problem. I'd like to create a site (web.resource.org, which I think would be an awesome domain name) which would host schemas for people. We could find other people to host mirrors and use a round-robin DNS system. (Potentially we could get the W3C to share part of their massive mirroring network.) We'd just need a little bit of software, which I'd be willing to write, to let people edit their pages.

Anyway, please let me know if you'd be willing to donate web.resource.org and potentially other resources (time, server space, etc.) for this project. I'd love to make something like this happen.

[1] http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/000345

Thanks,
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com] 4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B