Message 00505: [open-gov] Re: A Modest Suggestion In Regards To Official Portraits

> Many issues are important to open government!  Art, architecture, even
> animals!  The Obama dog, the White House dog, the dog of the people,
> for example, should not be dictated by executive proclamation, but
> should be chosen by all of us.  Surely, you must agree!?!  These
> issues are at the heart of open government.

Alice, this proposal is simply a gussied-up rehash of a suggestion
made on _This American Life_ this week:

http://podcast.thisamericanlife.org/podcast/372.mp3 at 45:15

> GUY AT THE SHOE SHINE STAND OUTSIDE SAMMY'S BAR IN NEW ORLEANS: They ought to
> let the public name the dog; they ought to let the country name the dog. Put
> it online!

If the Open Government community is to be taken seriously, we must
give proper attribution to the contributions of others!