Message 00340: Re: atf db

On Oct 6, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

Dunno if you're interested in mirroring it, but here's the database I
got from ATF.gov yesterday:

http://watchdog.net/data/crawl/atf/

It's a list of registered gun dealers.

RETAIL PRICE: $15
OUR PRICE: Free!

heh.

no, I don't think I want to go generally after all .gov ... I'm trying to focus on legal materials and video, with a few diversions like irs. but, list of gun dealers isn't necessarily useful unless you can start aggregating this stuff into a bigger package ... happy to mirror a bundle of that kind of stuff, but the onesy-twosy is too distracting. I run the laziest kind of mirror ... I'm looking for big, infrequent chunks that I don't have to do anything with. :)

Carl