Message 00234: Re: ntis as a foia escape hatch?

On Sep 12, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

yup. I keep telling people that if we want to liberate the public domain,
we need capital.  :)

sigh. maybe you should have Gilmore spend some capital challenging it?
he seems to have done ok in his last foia battle... seems like such an
absurd loophole.

alternatively, get google to donate enough money to just buy NTIS out :)

tried that.  they said no.  :)

patience though ... lessig and I have a rather large proposal in the mill. if that comes through, we'll have some real capital to play with.

Carl