Message 00164: Re: voter registration dbs

On Aug 15, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

What are your thoughts on publishing the voter registration DBs? Too
privacy sensitive?

that's a tough one. do you have a compelling reason to have it on- line that helps you do your real mission or is this just "because it ought to be public"?

my guess is politicos probably are going after that information, so it isn't like if we don't do it it won't get done. $0.02, but I don't know the current state of the art on this particular issue, so it's just a guess.