Message 00113: Re: size

On Jul 11, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Aaron Swartz wrote:

Nice! Is it backed up anywhere? I wish I had a box like that to push
this stuff to...

well, backed up in the sense of a raid array plus lots of copies of the data that originated there. we'll add a second thumper box fairly soon after our next fundraising cycle.

they aren't that expensive ... <$40k. it's a very nice box ... the drives are on 8 different sata buses, there are 4 ethernet ports that masquerade as one, the cpus have been specially reengineered by Andy B and others.

Carl