Message 00058: Re: Caselaw and challenging claims of copyright

> It seems that Carl takes the approach of notifying the agency of
> intent, but going ahead without permission.  Is this the recommended
> approach?  I was thinking of just keeping quiet until the service is
> done in order to gain public support before the agency has the chance
> to shut off access.

I think that's probably the best bet. If a local government really
tries to shut you down for publishing restaurant inspection scores,
public interest lawyers will flock to defend you. This is the kind of
thing the Stanford Cyberlaw Clinic lives for.